How To Clean Rudraksha
There are a few basic steps to take care of Rudraksha:
- Don’t soak it in soap water.
- Never soak it in milk or anything like that as it will damage the Rudraksha.
- Remove Rudraksha when taking bath
- Best way is to just run it through the tap of water for few seconds using your fingers to clean it. If it is too dirty use soft bristle toothbrush.
- Dry the rudraksha.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil or a few drops of ghee use soft bristle toothbrush and brush it lightly.
The Rudraksha beads may be cleaned periodically after a period of 1-2 months or when you feel that they need to be cleaned. For this, the beads should be dipped in warm water and after which they can be gently cleaned with a very soft fiber brush under a stream of clean water. One should never use strong detergents or very hot / boiling water. Thereafter, the bead should be kept on a soft absorbent cloth or tissue paper for drying. Once the beads have dried up then you may apply small quantities of Olive oil to the bead preferably with the help of a soft brush.