What Is Rudraksha

What-Is-Rudraksha 1 what is rudraksha What Is Rudraksha What Is Rudraksha 1

What is Rudraksha

Lord Shiva or Rudra Bhagwan had performed penance for 1000 years to restore humanity and peace on earth. After this severe penance when Lord Shiva opened his eyes some tears from compassion fell from his eyes. These tears grew into trees known as Rudraksha Trees.

Rudra is another name given to Lord Shiva and Aksha means ‘tears’. So the literal meaning from Rudraksha is ‘Lord Shiva Tears’. This story becoming the legend of rudraksha and written as well in the ancient scriptures of Hindu.

What-Is-Rudraksha 1 what is rudraksha What Is Rudraksha What Is Rudraksha 1 300x300
What-Is-Rudraksha 1

The Rudraksha beads are the fruit from this Rudraksha Tree. The fruit is also known as ‘Amit Phal’ or ‘Fruit from Nectar’. Many benefits found in this fruits and most of them are use in Ayurveda health treatment. Based on the legend of rudraksha, It has satisfies all whom are thirst.

“Rudraksha” is the sanskrit and hindi name given by the followers from Lord Shiva. “Elaeocarpus ganitrus” is the scientific name given to the Rudraksha tree. It was first spotted in Indonesia. Around 70% the Rudraksha trees are found in Indonesia. The rest 30% are found in India, Nepal, Malaysia.

Based on the legend and written in the shastras or the holy scriptures from the Hindu the Rudraksha beads are divided into 4 categories.


  1. The white or Brahmana Bead
  2. The red or Ksatria Bead
  3. The yellow or the Vaishya Bead
  4. The black or the Shyam Bead

This legend of rudraksha comes alive in the most society of Hindu in this world even until now!

References : Kamal N Seetha (2014) The Power Of Rudraksha

2 thoughts on “What Is Rudraksha

  1. Gokulapalan says:

    Dear sir, I would like to purchase a rudraksha plant and 2 siddha mala so how much is it cost me. The mala and plant will have it’sown certificates. The mala size is 8-12mm .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *